Corporate & Social Responsibility
Tughans is committed to having a positive impact on the environment in which we operate, our local community, our employees and our clients. In order to put these principles into practice, the following practical steps have been taken:
Tughans likes to help charitable causes both financially and in a practical way.
As a member of Business in the Community, our staff regularly become involved in community projects. A member of our Corporate Team sits on Business in the Community’s Committee for Pro Help, which brings together firms who can provide pro bono professional services to a number of charitable organisations, individuals active in the community and not-for-profit organisations who might otherwise be unable to afford legal advice.
We are involved in a number of charitable events each year, including;
- Each month staff have a ‘dressing down’ day. Contributions are given to a charity nominated by our staff.
- Macmillan Cancer “World’s Biggest Coffee Morning”.
- Belfast Marathon
- Cancer Research UK’s Race for Life
- Participation in charitable events such as fun runs, marathons, abseils, zip lines and fire walks.
- Collection and distribution of food hampers and toys each Christmas in aid of St Vincent de Paul and the Salvation Army.
At Tughans we recognise that our office and our ways of working have an environmental impact. We take our responsibilities to the environment very seriously and are committed to reducing the impact of our day-to-day business on the environment. We strive to promote environmental management policies throughout the firm to minimise waste and maximise recycling. Paper, cardboard, plastic cartons, glass, used stamps are recycled and all ink and laser cartridges are sent to a local charity for recycling.
We have encouraged cycling as a mode of transport to work by participation in the government Cycle to Work scheme and the provision of additional bicycle storage facilities.
Please click to view our Environmental Policy.