Conrad works in the Healthcare Department of Tughans and receives instructions from Medical Defence Organisations and Healthcare Regulators. He advises clients in relation to high profile clinical negligence actions, Coroner’s inquests and representation before Healthcare Regulators.
Conrad came to Tughans in 2012 from the Directorate of Legal Services, Belfast where he worked in the clinical negligence department on behalf of Health Trusts. In the Directorate he had personal carriage of a large portfolio of clinical negligence actions and Coroner’s Inquests.
Conrad is a member of the Medico-Legal Society of Northern Ireland and the Belfast Solicitors’ Association. He holds practising certificates for both Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.
Conrad is an advanced Solicitor Advocate and regularly appears personally as an advocate before a range of Healthcare Regulators, the Care Tribunal, HM Coroner, and contested applications before the High Court Master.
- Defending Healthcare Professionals in relation to multi-million pound clinical negligence claims to include birth injuries and alleged misdiagnosis of cauda equina in both Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.
- Experience of a wide range of Clinical Negligence actions to include complex surgical cases and alleged dental negligence.
- Representing Healthcare Professionals before Public inquires to include the Hyponatraemia Inquiry.
- Advising on high profile inquests that have touched on the death of patients in hospital.
- Directing investigations and appearing as an advocate on behalf of clinicians and Healthcare Regulators before Fitness to Practise Hearings.
- Advising health sector bodies in various areas of health law to include Freedom of Information, Data Protection, Mental Health Law and Access to Health Records.