David is a partner in the Finance and Restructuring Department and has been involved in property and corporate finance transactions and solvent and insolvent restructurings in Northern Ireland and England, acting for major lenders, as well as, significant property developers and investment funds.
“Hard-working, well rounded and commercial; good for complex law while still being practical.” Chambers UK 2018
“He’s good technically and very good at looking at the bigger picture” , Chambers UK 2016
- Advising syndicated lenders in a multi-jurisdiction property loan facility with aggregate value of c£400m.
- Advising as part of a national team of lawyers in relation to loan notes and collateral security as part of an IPO with value of c£750m.
- Advising in relation to loan purchase transactions for both borrowers and lenders in relation to property portfolio debt.
- Advising senior lender in relation to revolving credit facilities to an energy company with a value in excess of £200m.
- Advising in relation to social housing finance packages in England and Northern Ireland with aggregate values of c£100m.
- Advising a major national building society in relation to an acquired loan book in Northern Ireland, including restructuring and enforcement of securities, with debt levels of c£25m.
- Advising in relation to loan-backed property finance deal with a value of c20m.