A Director in the Employment department, Rachel has almost 20 years extensive experience in employment law. Rachel is dual qualified in England and Wales and in Northern Ireland, having previously practised in England.
She advises on a variety of employment issues such as: contracts of employment and service agreements, policies and procedures and general HR matters. She also works closely with the Corporate department on TUPE transactions and share sales. Rachel acts for clients in the Industrial Tribunal in Northern Ireland and the Employment Tribunal in GB and has defended a wide variety of claims ranging from unfair dismissal to discrimination, whistle-blowing and equal pay.
Rachel writes articles for an all-Ireland HR business and regularly presents seminars on a variety of employment law topics. She is a member of the Employment Lawyers Association and the Employment Lawyers Group NI.
- Sawyers Transport Group - acted for the sellers in the sale of the company and advised on all employment issues arising from the transaction;
- Total Mobile Holdings Ltd - acted for the shareholders of Total Mobile Holdings Ltd on the sale of their shares and advised on all employment issues arising from the transaction;
- National Charity - represented the charity in Employment Tribunal proceedings and successfully defended allegations of discrimination;
- Large UK Retailer - defended the company in Employment Tribunal proceedings which were resolved at an early stage;
- International Technology company - advising on all employment issues, to include redundancy programmes, disciplinary and grievance issues, sickness absences etc.
- Manufacturing company - advising on the TUPE ramifications of a cross-border merger.