A Director in the Employment department, Rachel has over 15 years extensive experience in employment law. Rachel joined Tughans in June 2014 and is dual qualified, enabling her to practice in both England and Wales and Northern Ireland. Rachel advises on a variety of employment issues such as: contracts of employment and service agreements, policies and procedures and general HR issues, she also works closely with the Corporate department on TUPE transactions and share sales. She acts for clients in Employment Tribunal proceedings and regularly presents seminars on a variety of employment law topics.
- Sawyers Transport Group - acted for the sellers in the sale of the company and advised on all employment issues arising from the transaction;
- Total Mobile Holdings Ltd - acted for the shareholders of Total Mobile Holdings Ltd on the sale of their shares and advised on all employment issues arising from the transaction;
- National Charity - represented the charity in Employment Tribunal proceedings and successfully defended allegations of discrimination;
- Large UK Retailer - defended the company in Employment Tribunal proceedings which were resolved at an early stage;
- International Technology company - advising on all employment issues, to include redundancy programmes, disciplinary and grievance issues, sickness absences etc.
- Manufacturing company - advising on the TUPE ramifications of a cross-border merger.