Adrian heads up Tughans’ Contracts & Technology practice. Adrian specialises in the areas of contract and procurement, providing advice and assistance on a wide range of commercial arrangements, from structuring, planning and negotiation of contracts to deal implementation and contract management.
In the field of intellectual property, Adrian provides advice and assistance on the protection and exploitation of intellectual property assets in a diverse range of sectors which are IP rich.
Adrian’s extensive experience in this space brings him into contact with clients across a broad range of sectors, including technology, manufacturing, food and retail. Through his work, Adrian advises on a broad range of commercial agreements, including agency, collaboration, confidentiality, consultancy, distribution, franchising, general commercial, joint ventures, licensing, managed services, manufacturing, outsourcing, supply and technology transfer.
“He’s been in this space for many years and he knows his stuff.” Chambers UK 2019
“I would recommend him to anyone – he’s very helpful and customer-focused.” Chambers UK 2019
“What makes him excellent is his attention to detail, and his pragmatism – he points towards threats and is aware of when the tail is wagging the dog.” Chambers UK 2018
“His drafts are intuitive and accessible, as well as robust.” Chambers UK 2018
- Leading NI Dairies Co-operative - Lead adviser to this client on the negotiation and settlement of an exclusive distributorship with Mars Foods covering the distribution of all Mars Foods' ice cream products range.
- Leading Safety Equipment Manufacturer - Advising this manufacturing client on an ongoing basis in relation to the full range of its contract requirements including, supply, outsourcing, servicing and distribution.
- Sliderobes Group - Advising this client on the ongoing protection and management of its trade mark portfolio.
- Leading NI Construction Company - Lead adviser to this client in relation to establishment of a joint venture (by way of contract) with a competitor company for the delivery of construction services to Bord Gáis.
- Leading NI Dairies Co-operative - Lead adviser to this client in the negotiation and settlement of contracts for the acquisition of plant and equipment from each of TetraPak and GEA Group.
- Advising various technology companies in Northern Ireland including Asidua, Sophia Search, Novosco, TitanIC, Texthelp, Total Mobile and PathXL on their intellectual property and commercial contracts requirements.