Ben is a Director in the Corporate team.
Ben is experienced in all areas of M&A with significant international experience across the Middle East and Asia Pacific regions and has established himself as a leading adviser in the Northern Irish market.
Regularly advising on various buy and sell side M&A transactions, Ben supports clients with share and asset acquisitions and disposals, joint ventures and tax structuring projects including private equity and venture capital backed. Ben has experience with early-stage ventures, advising on initial shareholders’ agreement.
Ben has recently been shortlisted for “Emerging Dealmaker of the Year 2023” at the upcoming Insider Dealmaker Awards and was recognised in Insider Media’s Deal of the Month October 22 for advising Uform Holdings Ltd in connection with a significant investment by Cardinal Capital
“Ben Sims deftly handled the legal nitty gritty and was able to negotiate a win-win solution for both of the parties.” Legal 500
“an invaluable adviser throughout and has helped us well beyond just the practical side of selling the company. A wholehearted thank you. Ben and the team have worked incredibly hard to make this happen and we appreciate that enormously.” Client
- Shareholders of Blue Zinc IT Ltd in connection with their sale to ClearCourse Partnership Acquireco Finance Limited
- Shareholders of Renewable Energy Devices Limited in connection with their sale to Octopus Energy
- Shareholders of Tesab Engineering Limited in connection with their sale to McCloskey International (a Metso Group Company)
- Shareholders of Laydex (NI) Limited in connection with their sale to Laydex Limited
- McLanahan Corporation in connection with their acquisition of CMB International Limited
- Kerv Capital Group of Companies in connection with various equity investments
- Rentokil Initial plc in connection with its acquisitions of National Pest Control, Arena Public Health Company and Samson Pest Control
- PricewaterhouseCoopers in connection with a complex multi-jurisdiction asset purchase deal to acquire a leading SAP provider established in UAE, KSA, Qatar, Egypt, Lebanon and Kuwait
- Founders of a leading regional digital media agency hug digital, in relation to their sale of a majority stake to Grey Group (part of the WPP Group)
- Emirates Flight Catering (part of the Emirates Group) in connection with its joint venture with Crop One, a leading vertical farm operator, to develop the world’s largest vertical farm
- Inspired Capital plc, the AIM listed SME lender, in connection with an initially hostile and ultimately increased cash takeover offer from Bentley Park UK Limited of 21.5 pence per share, valuing the Company at £47.1 million