Douglas Anderson graduated in law from the University of Aberdeen where he also obtained his Diploma in Legal Practice before training with Morton Fraser in Edinburgh. He qualified as a Solicitor in September 2006. During his time at Morton Fraser, Douglas spent a significant period of time on secondment to the Legal Department of Royal Bank of Scotland Plc.
Since joining Tughans in October 2007 Douglas has acted for both lending institutions and borrowers on a range of banking work including cross-border matters. He advises on all aspects of finance, banking and security work.
- Advising Ulster Bank on the refinance of a major Northern Irish pharmaceutical group.
- Advising The Royal Bank of Scotland PLC on the Northern Irish law elements of the finance and security structure relating to the Slieve Divena Wind Farm.
- Advising Ulster Bank on loan facilities advanced to a corporate borrower for the development of a combined heat and power plant.
- Advising First Trust Bank on the structuring of loan facilities being advanced to a wind farm aggregation operator.
- Advising Lloyds TSB Bank Plc on the loan sale relating to a major Northern Irish property asset.
- Advising Barclays Bank Plc on the perfection of security in respect of two prominent Northern Irish housing associations over two large portfolios of Northern Irish assets.
- Advising a leading Northern Irish health contractor on the advance of facilities from Barclays Bank Plc.
- Advising a major Northern Irish construction company on the financing of the acquisition of company out of administration.
- Advising a prominent Northern Irish software company on the finance and security aspects of the sale of the majority shareholding of the company to a UK fund.