James was appointed as a Partner in 2010 and has over 16 years experience of advising on Corporate transactions. As Head of Corporate, James acts for some of Northern Ireland’s largest companies in the engineering, technology, construction sectors and has extensive experience of acting on large merger and acquisition transactions, venture capital funding projects and group restructurings.
“Logical and considered,” “well informed and pragmatic,” and “a good technician.” Chambers UK 2018
“Excellent at finding solutions which are sensible.” Chambers UK 2017
“Is excellent and really inspires confidence,” Chambers UK 2016
- Sale of the Powerteam Group from ESB to Vinci Energies Plc.
- Acquisition of the Pall Mall Group by Resource Services Group Limited from Carillion Plc.
- Sale of Lagan Technologies Limited to KANA (backed by Accel-KKR).
- Acquisition of Cranswick Pet Products by Westland Horticulture Limited.
- Sale of Kelman to GE.
- Investment in PathXL Limited by Par Equity.
- Investment in Sophia Search Limited by Atlantic Bridge.
- Multiple investments made by Crescent Capital and E-Synergy in Northern Irish companies.
- Restructuring of the Mivan Group.