Joe has acquired a vast breadth of real estate experience to include commercial leasing, acquisitions & disposals, property finance and transactional work in an insolvency context.
In addition, he is experienced in liquor licensing matters acting for owners of off-licences, public houses, restaurants, hotels, conference centres and outdoor sports stadia licences.
“He knows the law inside and out and isn’t scared to put me on the correct path.” Chambers UK 2019
A “well-respected” practitioner. Chambers 2017
- Sale and leaseback of a portfolio of bank branches for one the major banks in Northern Ireland.
- Disposal of a portfolio of residential buy-to-let properties, sold in administration.
- Acquisition of a chain of off-licences to include the properties and liquor licences.
- Provisional and Final Grant of liquor licence for a new hotel development in Belfast City Centre.
- Purchase of significant commercial office buildings in Belfast City Centre, including the Soloist and River House.
- Property aspects of various sales and purchases of loan books.
- Acted in the property and licensing aspects of the disposal of Lough Erne Golf Resort.
- Regularly presents continuing professional development seminars for RICS.
- Represented a UK-wide retailer in its move into the Northern Irish market with over 30 stores.