John has extensive experience in the Corporate legal sector, particularly in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, private equity/venture capital investments and general company law, shareholder and governance matters. He regularly acts for both purchasers and vendors of companies, investors (institutional and private) and investee companies. John also advises inward investors into Northern Ireland on the legal issues around set up, engagement with stakeholders (including Invest Northern Ireland) and operators.
“He talks like a businessman rather than a lawyer and he has great insight.” Chambers UK 2018
“Extremely clear on what the issues are” and “superb in private equity transactions.” Chambers UK 2017
“A very strong practitioner and easy to deal with.” Chambers UK 2016
John was awarded the Young Dealmaker of the Year at the Northern Ireland Insider Dealmaker Awards 2016 and shortlisted again in 2017.
John has advised
- The shareholders of Delta Print and Packaging on its sale to Huhtamaki, the Finnish list packaging company.
- The shareholders of Label One on its sale to CCL Industries, the Canadian listed company.
- MML Growth Capital on its investment into Lowe Refrigeration.
- The management of Totalmobile in respect of the investment by Lyceum Capital.
- The Cordovan Capital Syndicate in respect of its first investment from its fund into TruCorp Limited and subsequent investments.
- SaltVPN Limited and AuditComply Limited on their venture capital investment rounds.
- Dale Farm on a number of company acquisitions including Ash Manor Cheese Company.
- Astec Industries, Inc on its acquisition of Telestack Limited.
- Invest Northern Ireland on a wide range of legal matters including letters of offer and other contractual matters.