Patricia is a Partner in the Employment Department and has extensive experience advising on contentious and non-contentious employment issues and pension matters.
She drafts and advises on Service Agreements, restrictive covenants and their enforceability; TUPE and Service Provision Change issues and regularly represents clients at the Employment Tribunal and Courts in Northern Ireland.
Patricia is described “knowledgeable, unflappable and pragmatic” as well as “very experienced and very detailed.” Chambers UK 2018
“Extremely knowledgeable and competent” and “provides timely and high-quality advice.” Chambers UK 2017
- Invest Northern Ireland – Advised the organisation in the successful defence of proceedings alleging sex discrimination arising from part-time working, and in a matter alleging discrimination on the grounds of sexuality and age.
- Top 4 Accountancy Firm - Acted for the Company in the Northern Ireland Court of Appeal in the successful defence of allegations of discrimination.
- Woodside Haulage (Holdings) Limited – Advises the Group on all employment issues to include data protection matters, disciplinary and grievances and the successful defence of proceedings at Employment Tribunal.
- Survitec Group Limited – Represented the Company before the Employment Tribunal in the successful defence of an equal pay claim.
- Global cash handling and security organisation - Acting for the Company in union issues before the Industrial Court.
- Invest Northern Ireland – Regularly advises the organisation on employment issues and matters arising on TUPE and/or Service Provision Change.
- Astec Industries Inc – Represented Astec and advised on employment issues in Asetc’s US$36m acquisition of Telestack.
- Munster Simms Engineering Limited/Whale – Acted for the Sellers in the sale of the company and advised on all employment issues arising.
- Belfast Harbour Commissioners - Advises the Commissioners on Service Provision Change issues arising on tendering processes.
- ESB (NI) Limited - Advised the Company on Defined Benefit Pension Scheme issues arising on the sale of its subsidiary Powerteam Electrical Services (UK) Limited.