Having trained with the practice, Patrick became Partner in 2006 and Managing Partner in 2015. A senior partner within the Dispute Resolution team, the largest team of its kind in Northern Ireland, Patrick is recognised as a market leader in procurement litigation and has been involved in a significant number of the landmark cases in Northern Ireland in recent years on behalf of contracting authorities and utilities and also unsuccessful tenderers.
Patrick has expertise in a broad range of contentious matters including high value and complex insurance claims, professional negligence, shareholder and partnership disputes, financial services litigation, contractual and warranty claims, environmental litigation and judicial review.
Patrick is a former Ireland hockey captain who amassed an impressive 151 caps, 92 of those as captain.
“He is very calm and assured, strong on strategy and has excellent contacts.” Chambers UK 2019
“He is very measured and factual about the advice he gives us,”…“He has clearly got a high level of expertise and personal gravitas.” Chambers UK 2018
“Pragmatic, dogged in a case and very focused.” Chambers UK 2017
“My go-to person for procurement in Northern Ireland.” Chambers UK 2017
“Very bright, very organised and outstandingly good.” Chambers UK 2016
“Very sound and well respected,” Chambers UK 2016
- Federal Security Services Limited –v- Northern Ireland Court Service and Resource (NI) Limited  NIQB15.
- Federal Security Services Limited –v- Chief Constable of the Police Service of Northern Ireland and Resource (NI) Limited  NICH3.
- Irish Waste Services Limited –v- Northern Ireland Water Limited and Others  NIQB13 and 2013 NIQB41.
- Resource (NI) Limited –v- Northern Ireland Courts and Tribunals Service  NIQB121.
- Easycoach Limited –v- Department for Regional Development  NIQB10.
- Lowry Bros Limited and Albert George Wilson t/a A G Wilson –v- Northern Ireland Water Limited  NIQB105.
- Victoria Housing Estates –v- The Charity Commission for Northern Ireland 2014 NICH20.
- The Charity Commission for Northern Ireland –v- Bangor Provident Trust 2014 NICH19.
- Mooreland and Owenvarragh Residents’ Association’s Application 2014 NIQB130.