Rebecca is a graduate of Queen’s University, Belfast and joined the real estate department of Tughans having completed the LPC at the College of Law, Chester in 2004. Rebecca completed her training contract with Tughans and qualified into the real estate department in 2006 as a solicitor of dual qualification and able to practice in England/Wales and Northern Ireland.
Rebecca acts for a number of local property investment and development companies such as Corbo Limited, Diageo Pension Fund and Metric Property Newry Limited in the development, leasing and property management aspects of their retail property portfolios, namely shopping centres, in both Northern Ireland and England. Rebecca also advises major public bodies on the acquisition, development and disposal of industrial and greenfield sites. Rebecca is also experienced in property finance matters having completed a 15 month secondment in Ulster Bank, Global Restructuring Group, Belfast in 2010/11. She regularly advises funders and lending institutions on all property related security aspects.
- Invest NI’s acquisition of the 130,000 sqft office headquarters.
- Legal management aspects and commercial leasing of Erneside Shopping Centre, Enniskillen on behalf of Diageo Pension Fund.
- Legal management aspects and commercial leasing at Damolly Retail Park, Newry on behalf of Metric Property Newry Limited.
- Legal management aspects and commercial leasing of an extensive retail property portfolio across Northern Ireland on behalf of a private client.
- Legal management aspects and commercial leasing of shopping centre portfolios in England on behalf of KPMG.
- Numerous refinancing projects on behalf of property clients.