Rebecca is a graduate of Queen’s University, Belfast and joined the real estate department of Tughans having completed the LPC at the College of Law, Chester in 2004. Rebecca completed her training contract with Tughans and qualified into the real estate department in 2006 as a solicitor of dual qualification and able to practice in England/Wales and Northern Ireland. Rebecca became a partner in April 2016.
Rebecca works across all areas of commercial real estate, with a particular focus on development, investment, leasing and property management work in both Northern Ireland and England. In 2015 Rebecca completed deals of over £185m and continued this trend in 2016 by completing the sale of Damolly Retail Park, Newry for in excess of £30m. Rebecca also advises major public bodies on the acquisition, development and disposal of industrial and greenfield sites. Rebecca is also experienced in property finance matters having completed a 15 month secondment in Ulster Bank, Global Restructuring Group, Belfast in 2010/11. She regularly advises funders and lending institutions on all property related security aspects.
“Her legal knowledge and her ability to work hard and effectively close a transaction” Chambers UK 2019
- Sale of Bloomfield Shopping Centre on behalf of fixed charge receivers.
- Sale of Fairhill Shopping Centre on behalf of a private client.
- Invest NI’s acquisition of the 130,000 sqft office headquarters.
- Sale of Erneside Shopping Centre, Enniskillen on behalf of Diageo Pension Fund.
- Sale of Damolly Retail Park, Newry on behalf of Metric Property Newry Limited.