Tim originally trained as an architect before converting to law. He has wide ranging experience in both construction and project procurement and advises on all forms of construction and engineering contracts, sub-contracts and consultancy agreements as well as advising on project agreements and related sub-contracts and procurement issues on PFI/PPP projects.
He also has considerable experience in dispute resolution, including mediation, conciliation, adjudication, arbitration (both domestic and international) and litigation.
He has an MSc in Construction Law and Arbitration (Kings College, London) and he is also an accredited mediator. He is admitted as a solicitor in Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, and, England & Wales.
Tim is recognised by Chambers & Partners and Legal 500 as a leading advisor in Construction.
“He’s very knowledgeable and practical.” Chambers UK 2019
“Showed great knowledge and breadth of experience” Chambers UK 2017
“Was a good source of information and advice to assist with the resolution of a number of issues.” Chambers UK 2017
- Advising on the procurement, design and construction aspects of a major new state-of the-art bulk manufacturing facility for a US pharmaceutical company in Ireland (circa $300+ million).
- Advising a bidder on the N25 New Ross Bypass PPP Project.
- Advising on construction and operational related contractual matters in respect of a number of major wastewater treatment plants, including the Ringsend wastewater treatment plant, Dublin.
- Advising on the Dublin Waste to Energy PPP Project in respect of the EPC Contract and related sub-contract works packages.
- Advising on a range of contractual issues in connection with the development and operation of renewable energy facilities, including biomass and wind.