Toby McMurray became a Partner in Tughans in April 2010 and with over 15 years’ experience has built up a serious reputation for corporate dispute work.
Toby has particular expertise in shareholder rights, director’s duties and partnership disputes. Toby also has a wealth of experience acting in general commercial disputes for a wide client base of local SMEs, as well as multinational institutional clients. As part of his expertise in this area Toby regularly advises clients on the ability to obtain freezing injunctions, which acts as an effective ring fencing of assets pending the outcome of a dispute.
He also leads the Insolvency Team in Tughans and his experience in this field is extensive. He advises insolvency practitioners, financial institutions, businesses, directors and creditors on all issues relating to both corporate and personal insolvency. Toby is skilled in the art of handling the acute processes and situations arising from last minute or acrimonious insolvency.
“very good with clients”…has a “knack of explaining complex issues in an easily understandable way.” Chambers UK 2018
“Very commercially focused.” Chambers UK 2017
“He concentrates on actually achieving a result as opposed to just quoting the law.” Chambers UK 2017
“Easy to deal with, personable and likeable.” Chambers 2017
“Very good, high-energy lawyer.” Chambers UK 2016
- Acting for IBRC on all Northern Irish aspects of the Quinn group administration.
- Acting for Randox Laboratories in obtaining an injunction proceedings against Fortress Diagnostics.
- Acting for KPMG in relation to Castle Hume Leisure Limited / Lough Erne.
- Acting for JD Sports in relation to a brand protection.
- Presbyterian Mutual Society bail out deal. Value £200 million.