Fiona is a graduate of Queen’s University Belfast. She was admitted as a Solicitor in Northern Ireland in 2010 and spent a number of years working for a leading city centre practice before joining Tughans as a Director in the Private Client team in 2020.
Fiona has extensive experience in advising on a wide range of private client matters such as:
- Estate Planning, including Wills, Trusts (both private and charitable) and Enduring Powers of Attorney;
- Other Succession Planning structures such as Family Investment Companies;
- Administration of Estates;
- Administration of Trusts;
- Mental capacity matters, including Controllerships and Statutory Will applications.
Fiona has significant experience in advising high net worth individuals, and in particular, she advises a number of shareholders of various locally prestigious owner-managed businesses in connection with their succession planning.
Fiona is a qualified Trusts and Estates Practitioner. She was admitted to full membership of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners after completing the STEP Diploma with distinction in 2017. She is also a committee member of the Northern Ireland branch of STEP.
Fiona is qualified to practice in England and Wales.
Fiona is “an extremely professional, insightful and sophisticated lawyer who is easy to deal with, doesn’t use unnecessary jargon and gets the job done efficiently. A real joy to work with.”
She demonstrates “sound commercial awareness and vision of personal and business requirements.”
- Chambers High Net Worth 2022